Tuesday, June 14, 2011

For The Sake Of Remembrance

I officially began weaning Lily Grace on Sunday, June 6, 2011.  I can't believe my big girl is now 2 1/2 (actually 2 yrs, 7 months)!  She was my longest nurser.  Everyone else stopped by 2.  My heart is a bit sad, but it was just time.  She was way too dependent.  I love her dearly and though I was tired and complained probably more than I should have, I am so thankful that I was able to give this wonderful gift to her!  I'm also very thankful that I was able to share this precious time nursing my sweet girl.  It really was precious and one the most wonderful gifts God gives to mothers.  So Lily has begun a new chapter in her life, and though my heart aches to see that tiny baby girl fading and a new bigger girl emerging, I am finding such delight watching her grow!  She started pedaling on her "big girl" bike when she turned 2, and now she no longer enjoys being pulled in her wagon on family walks.  She prefers instead her bike!  One of her favorite things now is going outside to ride her bike!  You'd think by the 4th child, all the milestones wouldn't be quite as exciting.  On the contrary, we have delighted in each milestone for each of our 4 children, and it never gets old!!!  You know they will one day sit up, crawl, talk, walk, etc., but when that moment comes, words cannot describe the joy that fills a mother's heart!  I love you, Liliana Grace, and I'm so thankful God blessed us with you!  Your are truly a delight and my heart just melts when I think of you!  I will miss you asking for "melk" and those sweet moments I held you close as you nursed (yes even at 2 1/2), but I can still cuddle you and hold you anytime you need me!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment