Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm UNSTOPPABLE!

I have been on a mission lately to be more conscious of how I'm spending our money.

I am a homemaker, and while I thoroughly enjoy staying home with my children and consider it a privilege, it's sometimes tough in a one income household.  Although it is very much a blessing that what my husband makes is the equivalent of what a lot of two income households make combined, we all need to practice the art of patience and contentment for the things we want in life!  We have been slammed with medical bills over the last few months, which is part of why I began my mission.


Before purchases I now try to assess whether it is a need vs a want.  This has been especially hard for my kids.  I think they believe that money grows on trees!

My husband makes sure they never want for anything!  I can't say I'm totally innocent either!  However, it has made our family outings, ice cream trips, movie nights, etc. much more special and appreciated by them.  It's not as expected now.  We can find a lesson in everything, so we can all benefit from this new mission I'm on!  I'm actually starting to enjoy it now!  I feel as if I'm throwing money away if I don't first look for a coupon or deal.  I love the challenge and I love the look on my husbands face when I score a deal.  He really seems to appreciate my effort!  Now this is coming from the girl who LOVES Target and is in there shopping at least twice a week.
  I should say this was the girl though, because I have developed new habits!  I have become UNSTOPPABLE in my mission to save our family money!  Speaking of unstoppable, I am very excited to mention that I've been given the opportunity to review a new product that is only available in select stores right now!
DOWNY UNSTOPPABLES!
I'm so EXCITED!!!  I just got it in the mail and it is a free FULL-SIZE sample!  I can't wait to use it and share my review with you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment