Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions

I went to the gym today and did a one hour class called Bodyworks, and boy did it work my body!  I'm hoping to keep at this working out thing and hopefully a new, healthier, more fit me will emerge.  I'm not big on resolutions, because I try to continually assess my life and perpetuate change.  However, I needed a fresh start.  I started running at the beginning of summer '09...went on a short family vacation and didn't start running again until the end of summer!  I ran until the first round of cold weather hit...and here I am doing nothing again.  Husband and I (I meant to say "husband and I," by the way! :) really need to get healthy, and it's so good to be on the same page!  We did a workout with a Pilates DVD one time a few months ago...yes, only once!  So, we joined a gym.  Exercise isn't new to either of us, it's just been awhile!  This was my second time, and I must say that I think I'm going to like it!  I have to get away to exercise...too many distractions...housework...kids...need I say more?!!  I definitely want to incorporate exercise into my life again, and it's a great time to start! 
I guess if I had to give my New Year's Resolutions, these are the things that I would like to put into practice. 
Here goes:

1. Daily Bible Study/Quiet time/Prayer
2. Exercise-Take better care of my body
3. Sleep-More of it (I think I'm allergic to it!)
4. Organization-some type of system, especially for paper clutter
5. Exercise my Love Muscle-love like Jesus loves!

Okay, so these are my resolutions!  How about you?  Did you make any this year?  It's going to be an awesome year!  Do you have any goals, desires, or things that you'd like to start...or stop?  If so, you're not alone if you know Jesus.  It's a good time to start fresh and new!  What we can't do on our own, God can help us with!

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."

And with His help, "all things are possible!"
(Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27)

I will be posting some organization inspiration photos soon!  I know that excites you!  C'mom...do some cartwheels or backflips now!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment