Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stuff

Have you been wondering where I've been?  (Probably not!  Ha!) Well, Da'ling, let me just tell you!  I've been really busy-cleaning, shopping, and packing.  Packing, you ask?  Yes, packing for a girl's trip.  Cleaning?  Well, one simply can't go on a girl's trip (you know...the kind where you meet up with your bestest gals in another city and leave your family behind) without cleaning and organizing one's home (which neither ever happened).  That would be simply dreadful, Da'ling!  Oh yes, WHERE, you ask did this girl trip take place?  In NEW YORK CITY and BOSTON!  It was just 4 days for me (the other gals stayed a little longer), but I had a blast!  I have pictures to post and stories to share-hopefully soon!  Oh yes, Shopping?...for my trip...shopping for school supplies.  One can't go to NY or Boston looking anything less than fabulous, right?!!  Okay, so that was the end of July, so what else have I been up to you ask?  Taking my 2 elementary school children to college of course!  College you say?  Yes!  I'm so proud of them!  They were recommended by their gifted teacher (from their gifted program at school-which will no longer exist-lost funding this year-so sad about it) to attend a camp at a college (I like to call it NERD CAMP-which I mean in a good way-Ha!  C'mon, I'm a Nerd...sort of...in a good way though! ;)  The requirements include being at least 1 1/2 years above grade level or having equivalent test scores, and a recommendation from the teacher.  Abri is taking a robotics class, and Garrison is taking a computer class.  His is themed around building a theme park and preparing a power point presentation.  Oh, Abri is building a voice activated....robot...DUH!  What else? (I hate the word "DUH" by the way!  Kind of like how much I don't like "Lol"...but I still love you if you say those words...just not my faves...okay?)  They were so excited when they received their acceptance letters in the mail, and they're having so much fun!  They both have such a hunger for knowledge right now, so I'm grateful for opportunities like this.  I'm so proud of them!  So anyway, they've been at NERD CAMP...I've been taxiing them. (Is taxiing even a word?) So that's basically what I've been up to!  Not getting too much done really...just on the go a lot lately, which I'm not too fond of.  I really do prefer staying at home at this season of my life.  I need a "JUST STAY AT HOME" vacation now!  You know, the kind where you don't go anywhere for about a week.  The kind where people come by or start calling to check to see if you're okay because they haven't seen or heard from you "in a while!"  The kind that you don't leave the house AT ALL!  As a matter of fact, you stay inside the house ALL day long!  You might even sport your PJ's for half the day...or maybe even ALL day!  What the heck, you may even sport PJ's for the whole stinkin' week!  Either PJ's or cleaning clothes...'cause with the "JUST STAY AT HOME" vacation, the purpose isn't really to relax.  The whole purpose is to GET SOME STUFF DONE!  With this type of vacation, the goal is to isolate oneself from the outside world...absolutely NO APPOINTMENTS or ACTIVITIES outside the home!  Yes indeed!  That's what I need!  I need to check my calendar for an opening...that sounds really good about now!  Well, that's about it for me.  I told my husband I would be running tomorrow.  Yes, I'm back at it.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.  I'm a "run first thing in the morning" kind of gal, but I haven't been able to get up early enough lately.  My girls keep me up so late.  I don't like running in the afternoon or evening.  I have a couple of projects to share soon...oh, and the pictures from my trip.  Hopefully soon!  Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment